For the sake of documentation, I thought I'd put up a post showing where we store the loot priority document we maintain for druids.
Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Anyone can make a comment with that link.
How to maintain your priorities:
- If you're not on the list, please PM Yanagi in game and she will add you to the list
- If you already have an item listed, add a comment with the text "Owned" in your column.
- If you want to re-order your slot ranks, leave a comment on the ranks in your column with the new rank you want it to have.
- If you want to add gear to the list that isn't shown, add a comment to a blank row with the name of the item you want added.
How this is used:
The priorities use a simple set of formulas that assign an arbitrary, but consistent, score to all items in a raid/dungeon to help easily view which items need strong lobbying with loot council and which can wait for another day.
This aims to accomplish several objectives:
- Allow players to customize their own item slot rankings to tailor their gear to their preferences
- Enable class leads to fight for the items most important to each player individually
- Allow class leads to quickly reference items when they drop in a raid and state clearly who has priority on an item
Instead, I use my best judgment -- a loot council to myself -- to make a decision based on player rankings on this sheet, discussions with each player, player attendance and preparedness. Broadly, I believe everyone deserves to be rewarded for participation, regardless of ability or time to sink into gather materials or money outside of raids, etc. So I do try to ensure some equity in distribution so that one person isn't getting all drops for a spec. But players that meet all the above criteria will definitely be favored to an extent for the benefit of the raid.
If anyone would like to discuss this method of distribution, I'm open to the conversation. I hope you all see that I care deeply about everyone being rewarded for their time, and feel that I distribute equitably. But I want to be sure I have some measure of transparency to my decision making process, because above all I want us to trust each other.
And as always, if anyone has questions, please hit me up here, in game or in Discord.