Threat Meter?....

A place to discuss raiding in WoW Classic!
therealmooster

Threat Meter?....

Post by therealmooster » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Howdy all,

I heard it mentioned in discord the other day, but I was wondering what people use for their threat meter... if you do in fact use one.

This could be pretty damn useful to all be on the same page and using the same meter for a few upcoming fight in BWL as pulling aggro can mean a raid wipe.

I personally use Classic Threat Meter. Lemme know what y'all think and what we should all be on!

-Moo

Gradius
Site Admin

Re: Threat Meter?....

Post by Gradius » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:52 am

I think we're working on trying to come up with which works best. A few other folks have brought up the one that you're using. I think the caveat here is that, for it to be accurate, everyone has to use it. So.. if this one works well. Perhaps this is the way we need to go. We'll try to get this sorted pre-BWL.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”

Triomega

Re: Threat Meter?....

Post by Triomega » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:14 pm

I believe so long as everyone has an up to date Threat Meter, it should be fine. Recently, a common threat library was updated, and is incompatible with the older one. So long as your using a addons are using the latest threat library (i.e. up to date), it should be fine.

That said, I also used ClassicThreatMeter, however it is no longer maintained. The new one is ThreatClassic2. It functions the same, but has the new library.

I learned about this update from a WowHead post a few weeks ago: https://classic.wowhead.com/news=303375 ... ew-library.